Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I say it's hot, he says it's not!


Don't you just hate it when you are so excited to show your new look to your boyfriend/husband and then he gives you a blank stare or a what-were-you-thinking look?  I remember when I had my eyebrows bleached.  My girlfriends were excited for me, as they thought that it gave me a different (meaning less masungit/mataray) look.  To my dismay and to theirs as well, the brows went unnoticed.  Tsk, so much for my effort.

Also, I got compliments from my girlfriends when I had my hair colored.  He said it looked okay, but his facial expression clearly betrayed his words.  "Waley" ang hair ko! And then a few days after, he said I looked better with black hair, and that I should not have my hair colored anymore.  It's the same story when it comes to shopping.  He also doesn' t get it why I rave about certain trends and style.

I call this my hottie-nottie list.  I hope I won't have to update this soon.

1.  hair color-he likes black versus any shade of brown/red or whatsoever color
2.  perm-  straight hair for him, my good friend also shared that her permed hair irritates his hubby's face (makati daw)
3.  lacy blouses- this was a surprise as I always thought men loved lace
4. leopard prints- I thought animal prints would appeal to any guy
5. knitted stuff- pang "lola" lang daw
6. high waist swimsuit- hmm
7. thong sandals- he says thong sandals are not sexy
8. colorful fashion watch- quality over quantity

9. gypsy accessories- well, because they're gypsy
10. high-waist shorts/pants- for him, baduy daw (?)
11. short hair- like most guys, he doesn't like short hair
12. harem pants- he says this looks funny even on men
13. red lipstick-he prefers the natural look
14. henna tattoo- i find henna tattoo sexy (especially on the back), but he thinks otherwise.  he thinks it looks dirty
15. gladiator sandals- reminds him of Russell Crowe?

I wonder if girls out there can relate to my list.  Are guys hardwired to disagree with us even in the looks/fashion/style department?  Of course, we girls want to impress our men, but do we need to sacrifice our personal style and taste just to get their nod of approval?  You might be wondering if I have stopped wearing lacy blouses and knitted stuff, the answer is no.  I haven't thrown my gypsy earrings nor the "unflattering" footwear either.  I still wear red lipstick and I'm also planning to get a shorter 'do this summer.   As long as my girlfriends are impressed, gora lang :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment