Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Am Now A Love Doctor! (Love Dilemma No.1)

I'm officially a love doctor. One Saturday, Confused Guy (CG) told me about his love problem. It felt good to be trusted with love matters. Also, it was a great feeling to help someone who's been going through a lot. So here's his dilemma.

image courtesy of turbosquid.com
CG: Miss Twenty-Something Blogger (MTSB), I fell in love with a girl. But it turned out that she has a boyfriend. We have feelings for each other but she says she cannot leave his boyfriend.  My heart is stupid. What should I do? Should I just stay friends with her? I feel so naive, she's the only girl I seriously loved.


MTSB: Are you sure two-timing girl (TTG)  loves you back? Like most guys, some girls can be ego trippers too. Sorry to tell you the truth.

CG: What do you mean ego trippers? The harder truth you tell me, the better. Please don't hold back.

MTSB: Maybe TTG is just bored. The girl may be looking for something that's missing in her relationship. It could be the excitement, extra attention, romantic gestures, gifts.  Or free meals (hahaha).  TTG could be insecure, she needs to be constantly reminded that another man still finds her attractive.  Do yourself a favor and stop being TTG's fallback.

CG: Ouch damn. Alam mo it really feels better when someone says it straight in your face. I realized what also pains me is the vagueness of the situation to me. Probably I already knew that, but my heart and mind won't accept it. Promise ko talaga one time lang mangyayari sa buhay ko ito.  Probably it happened to educate me of love's reality ...


I haven't spoken to CG since that day. I hope he already got out of that painful situation. I think he knew deep inside that TTG would not leave her boyfriend for him.  He was just in denial.  I don't regret being straightforward with CG, because he needed that. Nobody deserves to be the third party in a relationship.

Guys, girls can be wicked too. Don't fall into the trap of the neglected girlfriend. Don't be that someone who feeds a woman's ego while stripping himself of his own confidence and principles. You deserve better than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment